- Job Vacancy: Senior PM at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Programme Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Senior Designer at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Account Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Software Engineer in Test at Axon Vibe
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Fellow – EIRA Network (3 Posts)
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Manager (Three Year Fixed Term Contract)
- Job Vacancy- Front end developer at Zipline
- Job Vacancy- Data Architect at Axom Vibe
- Job Vacancy- Digital Marketing Manager
Job Vacancy- Data Architect at Axom Vibe
We are looking for a hands on Data Architect at Axon Vibe. Come join us, if you want to play with streaming and processing high frequency telemetry data from Mobile devices and Public Transport Vehicles all around the world.
Axon VIBE provides the technology to help public transport operators get ready for and lead one of the fastest, deepest, most consequential disruptions of transportation in history. By late 2020s, its predicted that U.S. passenger miles travelled will be served by on-demand vehicles owned by fleets, not individuals, in a new business model Transport-as-a-Service (TaaS). TaaS will unify public, private & autonomous transportation into an efficient service, that users can pay for with a single account. TaaS is predicted to virtually eliminate road accidents and we may see a largely carbon-free road transportation system.
Axon VIBE are building a location-based contextual platform that detects and predicts human behavior. It was founded in 2014 by location technology veterans (Google Maps, Endoxon, Multimap) and has assembled a 100-strong team of software engineers, machine learning experts, designers and product visionaries.
Axon Vibe are helping existing Public Transit Operators get ready so they can lead this disruption and we are working with forward thinking agencies across the world.
The company is headquartered in a castle, overlooking the Alps, in the picturesque City of Lucerne, Switzerland. There are offices in UK and New York. We have a bold vision and want to shift thinking. We believe in integrity, curiosity, drive and balance in both work and life. Individual experience and education is great, but the right attitude gets you a long way. We trust our team. We are agile, and strive to continuously improve, one small win at a time. We like to do things together: running, eating, skiing, hiking, especially at our bi-annual get-together in Lucerne. We also like the Open Sans Light Font, screaming goats and real BBQs.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior data architect to join our Engineering team to get seriously hands with our data and tools. Data is key to our business and using creative and pragmatic methods we want you to design, develop, and maintain our essential data infrastructure.
You must be non-ego driven (important), full of energy, highly collaborative and friendly. Hard working, and happy to roll up your sleeves, when the going gets tough. Although we are 100 people, we are all in the same team, you must be confident and generous in sharing your own knowledge and ideas. Enabling us all to make good decisions applying both reason, intuition and initiative.
- Determine database structural requirements by analysing our platform operations, applications, and engineering practices.
- Develop database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Apply optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
· Building from ground-up or jumping in an optimizing legacy systems
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture for data architecture by conducting training for engineers and other staff.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience (7 years+) of Database Design, Maintenance, Security and Management.
- Experience with SQL (5 years+) – Postgresql or similar.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining replicated environments involving multiple layers, handling high throughput, large datasets, sharding, aggregation. Familiarity with client libraries essential.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (5 years+), including Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis or similarMust have experience in deployment of said systems, including handling scalability and redundancy.
- Experience of Graph databases desirable, but not essential.
- Experience of Message Brokers (RabbitMQ, Kafka) desirable, but not essential.
- Experience with location or telemetry data and technology
We are constantly innovating and open to the latest tech and new approaches. Please send your cover letter and cv (written in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email Subject “Data Architect – [your name], Norwich”