- Software Development Team Lead & Test Automation Engineer at Tribal (Norwich)
- Roles at Angling Direct (Norfolk)
- Job Vacancy: Senior PM at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Programme Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Senior Designer at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Account Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Software Engineer in Test at Axon Vibe
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Fellow – EIRA Network (3 Posts)
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Manager (Three Year Fixed Term Contract)
- Job Vacancy- Front end developer at Zipline
Job Vacancy- Front end developer at Zipline
Based in Norwich City Centre, Zipline is a young agency, founded by experienced professionals. We specialise in creating online communities and social networks for a diverse range of clients. We produce both responsively designed websites and custom built Android and iOS apps.
We understand user behaviours, in particular the behaviours of sharing, participating, and interacting in online communities. These understandings allow us to create products and services our clients and their community members can use with ease and delight.
A core remit of Zipline’s philosophy is exceptional client relationships, built on open and honest communication. This extends to our internal operations. Ultimately, team work is at the centre of our success.
Owing to an increased demand for our services, Zipline is looking to grow the team.
Zipline are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who has a keen understanding and interest in creating user friendly, community centred web products and services.
While focused on front end development, you will also have a great understanding of back end systems and how they integrate with front end services. There will be a focus on WordPress theme development while integrating WordPress plugins and in particular BuddyPress to create an holistic user experience. In addition, you will be expected to help in the development of iOS and Android apps.
The role includes working closely with the lead developer – a highly skilled practitioner. Part of their role is to support you and to help you grow and develop.
Zipline believes in supporting an empowered team. This means giving you the scope and responsibility to manage your work flow, reporting back to the rest of the team where appropriate.
• Develop new user-facing features.
• Refine existing features, tools and services.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
• Collaborate with other team members and where appropriate clients.
• Work with the business developer to improve the layout and structure of the Zipline website.
• Help maintain and enhance our existing SaaS platforms while looking to develop new, community focused tools.
Skills And Qualifications
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to
work around them.
• Experience using WordPress and WordPress plugins is essential.
• Experience using BuddyPress is considered a significant bonus.
• Experience with Android and/or iOS application interfaces would be considered a bonus.
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, AJAX and JSON.
• Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
• Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
£22,000 – £27,000 based on experience
The role is initially for 3 months with the opportunity to extend to full time.
Candidates should contact Tom Watts
t: 01603 461 677
m: 07791 163 866