- Job Vacancy: Senior PM at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Programme Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Senior Designer at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Account Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Software Engineer in Test at Axon Vibe
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Fellow – EIRA Network (3 Posts)
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Manager (Three Year Fixed Term Contract)
- Job Vacancy- Front end developer at Zipline
- Job Vacancy- Data Architect at Axom Vibe
- Job Vacancy- Digital Marketing Manager
Job Vacancy: Programme Manager at Foolproof
Foolproof’s mission is to help people to live differently. By understanding people, we craft products and services which help them make sense of anything and gives them confidence to make good decisions for themselves. Foolproof has been doing this for over fifteen years.
Foolproof is on a journey, from projects to programmes. We’re developing always-on relationships with our clients and are thinking differently about our approach to shaping, scoping and delivering end-to-end programmes of work. That means we’re growing, fast, and not just in the work we do but also in the mix of people who work here.
Our Foolproof Programme Managers are unique individuals. Combining a passion for experience design with sharp business acumen, they have responsibility for leading the delivery of our largest and most complex client engagements. They possess deep understanding across commerciality, delivery and operations, so are equally comfortable discussing new opportunities and handling conversations with senior clients as they are managing a plan and debating details with delivery teams. It’s about having the confidence to have a conversation with anyone on any topic, from high-level strategy to solution design and everything in between.
Reporting to Foolproof’s Programme Director, this role would suit an individual who has experience both leading large-scale delivery projects and shaping new opportunities; likely from a management consultancy or large digital agency background. You’ll have a strong interest in experience design and want to work in a creative, agency environment. You’ll also have a solid understanding of IT delivery and offshore team management.
Role & Responsibilities
Lead programmes of work end to end:
- Set up and define programme governance, models of engagement and delivery frameworks
- Create and manage complex programme plans, milestones, deliverables, budgets and contingencies
- Proactively identify and manage programme risks and issues
- Manage project team members directly and/or provide direction to teams towards one goal
- Communicate with the client and other key stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion
- Own and develop our relationship with the client – you are the custodian of the Foolproof brand
- Develop opportunities to extend or broaden existing programmes of work, and/or identify and scope new opportunities:
- Work with our Client Services team to identify, scope and commercialise new opportunities
- Work with our Strategy, Design Research and Studio Practice teams to develop ideas and visions
- Work with our Operations team to embed best practice across the organization
Develop people, through direct management, coaching and mentorship:
- Line manage and provide pastoral support to more junior members of the Programme team, as required
- Support in developing a broader consulting skillset across our Practice teams
- Coach our Client Services, Practice and Operations teams in thinking differently about programme delivery, IT delivery and offshore delivery
- Experience leading programmes with multiple projects and/or parallel workstreams
- Experience managing a sizable budget
- Experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with senior clients
- Confident leading cross-functional teams, including design research, creative and technical practitioners, both within the UK and internationally
- An experienced line manager providing pastoral support and career guidance
- Competent using Microsoft Project or equivalent project planning tools and an advanced user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with a variety of delivery methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile), a project management qualification is preferred
- Experience working in an agency environment and in a user experience / experience design / usability environment is preferred
- Confident communicator – you must be able to interact seamlessly with senior clients and senior Foolproof leadership, building rapport and confidence in your leadership of the programme, as well as with delivery teams in the UK and offshore (primarily India)
- Gravitas – you must be able to control a large and/or cross-functional team, some with 10+ years’ experience and often with varying priorities, towards one goal
- Attention to detail – you must be meticulous in your management of the programme plan, budgets, risks and issues
- Problem solving – you must be confident in handling problems of varying sizes and in identifying and driving pragmatic solutions
- Perceptive – you should be comfortable managing situations where politics may be influencing decision making and/or when team members may be struggling to balance priorities, and sensitively intervene to smooth, mitigate and/or move beyond
- Flexible – you should be comfortable being thrown into the deep end, picking up tasks as required from anywhere across the business, be it commercial, administrative, people-focused or strategic. You may also be required to work away from the London office on client site up to 4 days per week
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast growing, forward thinking company, and in a part of the business which is expanding rapidly.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in collaborate thinking and learning: we have Smart sessions each Wednesday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team. We have quarterly company away days, where we get together to share company updates.
Finally, we all have generous individual training budgets which help us progress and develop skills within our roles.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note to HR Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org