- Roles at Angling Direct (Norfolk)
- Job Vacancy: Senior PM at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Programme Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Senior Designer at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Account Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Software Engineer in Test at Axon Vibe
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Fellow – EIRA Network (3 Posts)
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Manager (Three Year Fixed Term Contract)
- Job Vacancy- Front end developer at Zipline
- Job Vacancy- Data Architect at Axom Vibe
Job Vacancy: Software Engineer in Test at Axon Vibe
Axon Vibe are hiring…..
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test at Axon Vibe. Come join us and be part of a growing Norwich office at St George’s Works.
Axon Vibe provides the technology to help public transport operators get ready for and lead one of the fastest, deepest, most consequential disruptions of transportation in history. By late 2020s, its predicted that U.S. passenger miles travelled will be served by on-demand vehicles owned by fleets, not individuals, in a new business model Transport-as-a-Service (TaaS). TaaS will unify public, private & autonomous transportation into an efficient service, that users can pay for with a single account. TaaS is predicted to virtually eliminate road accidents and we may see a largely carbon-free road transportation system.
Axon Vibe are building a location-based contextual platform that detects and predicts human behavior. It was founded in 2014 by location technology veterans (Google Maps, Endoxon, Multimap) and has assembled a 100-strong team of software engineers, machine learning experts, designers and product visionaries.
Axon Vibe are helping existing Public Transit Operators get ready so they can lead this disruption and we are working with forward thinking agencies across the world.
The company is headquartered in a castle, overlooking the Alps, in the picturesque City of Lucerne, Switzerland. There are offices in UK and New York. We have a bold vision and want to shift thinking. We believe in integrity, curiosity, drive and balance in both work and life. Individual experience and education is great, but the right attitude gets you a long way. We trust our team. We are agile, and strive to continuously improve, one small win at a time. We like to do things together: running, eating, skiing, hiking, especially at our bi-annual get-together in Lucerne. We also like the Open Sans Light Font, screaming goats and real BBQs.
About the Role
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join the Axon Vibe Platform team. The Axon Vibe Platform consists of iOS and Android SDK’s, back-end services and data analytics/machine learning pipelines. As part of your day to day job you will work within your squad to deliver features while improving test culture, tools and processes.
You must be non-ego driven (important), full of energy, highly collaborative and friendly. Hard working, and happy to roll up your sleeves, when the going gets tough. Although we are 100 people, we are all in the same team, you must be confident and generous in sharing your own knowledge and ideas. Enabling us all to make good decisions applying both reason, intuition and initiative.
- Ensure features developed by your squad are well tested and continue to work release after release.
- Carry out exploratory and non-functional testing.
- Work with other engineers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance, and testability.
- Help to automate test and release processes.
- Build and maintain tools for test development, execution and reporting.
- Contribute to and influence test strategy.
Skills and Experience:
- working in an Agile team with a Scrum, Kanban or similar approach
- reading and writing code (particularly Java)
- implementing tests with frameworks such as JUnit, JBehave, Cucumber, Espresso, XCTest (unit, integration, functional, acceptance tests)
- testing RESTful APIs
- working closely with data scientists
- talking SQL to a database (especially PostgreSQL)
- using common continuous integration and source control tools such as Jenkins and Git
- working with Unix based operating systems and common command line tools (Docker / Kubernetes experience is a plus)
We are constantly innovating and open to the latest tech and new approaches. Please send your cover letter and cv (written in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject, “Software Engineer in Test – [your name], Norwich”