- Job Vacancy: Senior PM at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Programme Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Senior Designer at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Account Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Software Engineer in Test at Axon Vibe
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Fellow – EIRA Network (3 Posts)
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Manager (Three Year Fixed Term Contract)
- Job Vacancy- Front end developer at Zipline
- Job Vacancy- Data Architect at Axom Vibe
- Job Vacancy- Digital Marketing Manager
Nor(DEV):con 2017 Friday Keynote Speaker: Are you ready for the coming revolution?
Nor(DEV):con keynote speaker, Friday 24th Feb
Are you ready for the coming revolution?
UK school curriculum underwent a revolution as of 2014-09: ITC was replaced with programming (aka computer science). Whilst the change itself was campaigned for, and widely wanted, the way government handled the change left a lot to be desired. Some, but not all, universities and colleges have joined in realising the change and preparing for the consequent revolution in university computer science curriculum, c.2018 onward. Are businesses ready for the knock-on change?
This presentation will delve into some of the most important and/or obvious issues surrounding this world leading experiment in child education.
Ex-academic, Analyst & consultant Russel talks about the important issues surrounding the government’s push for programming in UK schools, and how the way it’s been handled has left a lot to be desired.
From 2015 ICT in UK schools is to be replaced with programming, but the way the government handled the change left a lot to be desired. Russel talks about some of the most important and obvious issues surrounding this world leading experiment in child education.
Ex-theoretical physicist, ex-UNIX system programmer, ex-academic. Now an independent consultant, analyst, author, expert witness and trainer. Also doing startups. Interested in all things parallel and concurrent. And build.
Actively involved with Groovy, GPars, GroovyFX, SCons, Me TV, and GStreamer. Also Gradle, Ceylon, Kotlin, D, Go, and bit of Rust. And lots of Python, especially Python-CSP.
Full agenda: http://www.nordevcon.com/agenda-2017/
Words by Rain Crowson
Originally publish on Naked Element