- Software Development Team Lead & Test Automation Engineer at Tribal (Norwich)
- Roles at Angling Direct (Norfolk)
- Job Vacancy: Senior PM at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Programme Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Senior Designer at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Account Manager at Foolproof
- Job Vacancy: Software Engineer in Test at Axon Vibe
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Fellow – EIRA Network (3 Posts)
- Job Vacancy- EIRA Knowledge Exchange Manager (Three Year Fixed Term Contract)
- Job Vacancy- Front end developer at Zipline
Tech Nation Report 2018
For the fourth year running, the Tech Nation report shows, once again, that the UK is the best place to imagine, start and grow a digital tech business. Providing an comprehensive snapshot of the UK’s digital tech sector, the Tech Nation 2018 report tells you everything you might want to know about how the tech sector is shaping the UK.
This year’s report demonstrates these key findings:
- The digital tech sector is worth £184 bn to the UK’s economy.
- The UK’s digital tech sector is well-connected, globally speaking. 25% of entrepreneurs around the world report a significant relationship with others based in London- the highest location in the world, apart from Silicon Valley.
- Tech isn’t just for urban environments. Suburbs, such as Newbury, scoring 15.5 in terms of digital density (beating London) is the most specialised tech economy in the UK.
- Individuals within the UK tech sector are highly connected with one another. In fact, over 1.6 million people meet across 283 locations for 3527 tech meetup groups.
- Jobs within the sector are on the rise. From 2014 to 2017, employment in the sector rose 13.2%
- There is still improvement to be made when it comes to encouraging women into the sector, with only 19% of the digital tech employees being female.
- The sector is much less millennial than we think: 72% of workers are aged over 35.
But these (mostly) positive findings can also be seen in more specific locations. Let’s look at Norwich, for example:
- In 2017, digital tech businesses in Norwich turned over £211 million. That’s impressive!
- 65 new digital tech businesses were founded in 2016.
- Last year there were 3027 digital tech sector jobs in the city.
Read the full Tech Nation Report 2018 here!