- Job Vacancy: Java Developer at SupaPass
- Naked Element Vacancy: Executive PA / Office Manager
- SEO Consultant Job in Norwich with Further
- Job Vacancies at Thyngs
- Job Opportunity- Senior Programmer, Knit
- 3 Tech Vacancies at Aviva
- Full Time Business Analyst Required at Anglia Farmers
- New Year, New Jobs in Norwich
- Norwich Needs You – 39 Tech Jobs available – Come join us
- Rainbird is Hiring 3 New Positions
You Can’t Do That
I sat next to Emma (complete with orange jumper) at a Norfolk Chamber breakfast in Great Yarmouth. We had the best table for the event and the conversation ranged from Trivium (modern Thrash Metal band) to the Kings of Leon. It’s incredible how, when you get away from business, the conversation flows. Of course everyone talked about what they did and I was delighted to hear that Emma was a coach and that she had a book!
‘You Can’t Do That’ is like nothing else I’ve read. It’s not science fiction or fantasy and it has absolutely nothing to do with software development or management. The style was easy and simple and very readable. This isn’t a self help book, it’s a travel diary. In most cases you have to read between the lines to see the personal issues which Emma is overcoming, they are in no way exaggerated or over played. Although I’m in no two minds about her dislike of spiders!
Something came across loud and clear. Emma loves people. I found this inspiring. Despite working to break the classic software development mould I still struggle with ‘small talk’ with people I don’t know (unless of course we’re talking Rock & Metal).
This book won’t take you long to read and is well worth it! Could only be improved by being available for the Kindle.
Words by Paul Grenyer
Originally posted on paulgrenyer.blogspot.co.uk